Thursday, September 3, 2009

Labor Day here I Come




I am posting a few pics also....they don't really have anything to do with anything, but I want to and it is my blog!

Well,

It has been awhile, but not too long. Today, I was thinking about Labor Day. Labor Day is a celebration that was first acknowledged in 1882 in America. It is a day meant to honor workers by giving them the day off. This made me chuckle a little bit. Why? Well, in my past life as a teacher, hair stylist, even when I worked at the laundromat (which was disgusting) I would look forward to having the day of rest....a day free from work. Now, as a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom, as it is known on the world wide web) will I have the day off? Maybe I should hire a sitter for the day? Maybe I should explain to Cadan, Cali-Kae, and baby Channing that it is Mommy's day of rest and they cannot require any attention, feeding, etc. No, that won't work! What to do then? I know....I will not view my motherly duties as a job on this government mandated day of rest! Yes, this is my pledge! On Monday I will find utter joy in wiping the slimy, messy poop from Channing's bum. And I will take great satisfaction in placing Cali-Kae in time out when she hits her sister for the umpteenth time. I will pause in gratitude for the opportunity to explain to Cadan for the 50th day in row where God came from.....have you ever had to answer that question?

I hope my sarcasm can be sensed! I love my kiddos and I am thrilled to have the gift of being with them and providing for them. I just see the irony in looking forward to a holiday in which I am not qualified or eligible to celebrate!!! Those are my thoughts this Thursday at nap time...thank you God for nap time!!! We shall talk soon. I want to really get into some deep issues like: why do baby nails grow so fast and sharp, and why Channing has seeds in her diaper...I haven't fed her any seeds! Anyhoo, until next time.....enjoy your Labor free day!!

2 comments:

  1. That is funny, the other night when I had Cadan and Cali he asked me where God came from. Haha he is funny! Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can work in the medical field where I will actually get to work more hours on Labor Day because the daytime clinic is closed, but we are not. So, instead of a 6 hour day at work, I get 12...ironic...I don't know. It is funny that the hardest work is the one least acknowledged for sure...being a Mom I mean. Have fun this weekend! Shannon

    ReplyDelete